Corrective Chiropractic Care: What Is It and How Can It Help Me?
Chiropractors are well-known for being able to treat numerous health conditions with holistic treatment methods. For example, they can address issues related to fatigue, discomfort, pain, and other symptoms that can affect our daily lives. Their goal is to both relieve the patient’s symptoms and improve their body’s overall function. To achieve this goal, chiropractors may need to use various treatment options, including corrective chiropractic care.
But what is corrective chiropractic care? And how can it help you get your life back? Today, we will discuss in detail why this chiropractic technique can be the key to living your life free of pain, dysfunction, and other health issues.
What is Corrective Chiropractic Care?
Corrective chiropractic care focuses mainly on addressing underlying structural issues and alignment problems in order to restore proper alignment and balance to the spine. Ultimately, the spine plays a key role within the body. It is the body’s central structure that connects the different parts of the musculoskeletal system. It also provides support to the nervous system so that proper nerve energy can flow uninterruptedly within the body. For these reasons, any kind of injury or misalignment associated with the spine can lead to serious consequences.
If you are wondering if corrective care may help you, the most common reasons why people seek help from a chiropractor include back pain, neck pain, headaches, migraines, spine misalignment, concentration problems, a weak immune system, chronic or acute pain, and general organ dysfunction. However, the best way to make sure that corrective chiropractic care is suitable for you is by getting in touch with a chiropractor. That way they can discuss your unique concerns and help you figure out whether this kind of treatment option fits all your needs.
A Common Health Issue: Spine Misalignment
When it comes to our spine health, there is a common issue that often remains undetected- and this is spinal misalignment. Many people don’t know that their spine is misaligned until they see a chiropractor for a health-related issue. Once in the clinic for an assessment, their chiropractor can detect even the subtlest of changes in the spine during the initial assessment of the spine.
Spine misalignment can occur for many reasons but the most common factors that cause the onset of this spine issue are the following:
- a primarily sedentary lifestyle (spending too much time sitting at our desks or in front of the TV, inactivity)
- poor posture
- poor general health
- injuries (for example, car accident, sports injuries, or falls)
It can be seen clearly that many causes of spine misalignment are related to our lifestyle choices. Thus, imbalances within the spine often develop slowly and are hard to detect without a professional eye. Thankfully, identifying spine misalignment in an early stage can promote faster recovery and can also help avoid further health issues.
What Makes Corrective Care Different?
Compared to traditional chiropractic care, corrective care can bring you greater benefits and can help you feel like the best version of yourself.
The easiest way to understand how corrective care differs from traditional care is through a simple example. Let’s say that each day after work you like to play for 30 minutes on your PlayStation to relieve stress. However, one day suddenly the PlayStation stops working as the electric circuit that connects the console to the power grid gets compromised due to a “misalignment” within the circuitry. You can try to replace the controller or purchase a new console, none of these will solve your problem. This is because the root issue is not in the PlayStation but in the circuitry itself. Thus, the only thing that could help you is to call a professional that knows how circuits work. In this case, an electrician could solve your problem and restore the electric current so that you will be able to play again with your favorite games.
Now try to imagine the same but with the human body (PlayStation) and underlying health issues (electric problems). When you experience some health issues (the PlayStation stops working), the first thing you may do is to seek help from traditional care. It can indeed give you a temporary solution, such as quick pain relief, but your symptoms will most likely come back over and over again until the root cause and underlying health issue is addressed. On the other hand, corrective chiropractic care focuses on solving the main cause instead of simply treating the symptoms. With this example in mind, you can understand why restoring optimal spine alignment is necessary for sustainable, long-term results.
The Benefits of Corrective Chiropractic
Depending on your situation, you can gain various benefits from seeking corrective care. Most importantly, seeing a corrective chiropractor can help you restore the proper alignment of your spine. But that’s not all! Regaining your body’s natural spine alignment can provide you even more health benefits in the long term. Here are a few of the main benefits that corrective care can offer you:
- Better flow of nerve energy
- Reduced pressure on your nerves within multiple segments of the spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine)
- Better organ function
- Improved sleep
- Increased ability to concentrate
- Better healing ability of injured tissues
- Prevention of injuries
- Prevention of chronic diseases
- Existing health issues can be managed more easily
- Increased levels of energy
- Better mood
- Increased quality of life
Remember, these are only the most common benefits. Due to the holistic approach of chiropractic care, you can experience other positive changes in your overall health as well. If you would like to get the right care for your health-related problems, the best you can do is to find a chiropractor that can provide sustainable results for you. In Henderson, NV, the entire team at the Advanced Spine and Rehab has great experience in addressing spine misalignment. If you live nearby, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment at the office to see how you can benefit from corrective chiropractic care.
Chiropractic BioPhysics- the Best Choice For Better Spine Alignment
While all chiropractors are trained in assessing spine alignment, the methods of treatment can vary depending on what certifications they hold. Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) is one of the best training programs available for these health professionals to help you get the best possible results. Indeed, CBP is a science-based protocol that can help chiropractors detect spine-related health issues and provide the best care possible for their patients. Without any doubt, this extensive education makes them the best specialists in restoring the alignment of the spine.
Since every patient’s situation is different, your chiropractor would assess first your health and then decide which treatment options to use in your unique case. Ultimately, there are many treatment methods that can help relieve your pain symptoms and improve your health. Initially, your corrective chiropractor may use the same techniques as a traditional chiropractor. However, the additional education these CBP-certified spine experts received can help maximize your recovery.
The most common treatment options chiropractors use as part of corrective care are the following:
- Pain-relieving modalities: Various pain-relieving modalities can provide you immediate pain relief, such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, light therapy, heating pads, ice packs, etc.
- Manual therapy: Your chiropractor may massage the soft connective tissues to relieve pain and reduce stiffness (or refer you to a massage therapist). It can also help you tolerate further treatments.
- Spine adjustments: Adjustments to the spine can help improve local blood flow, nerve integrity, and provide better alignment and mobility of the spine as well.
- Spinal decompression: Chiropractors often use traction, stretches, or chiropractic adjustments to alleviate pressure on the nerves and joints.
- Exercise training: Specific exercises can help strengthen your core muscles, restore muscle balance, and promote better spine alignment.
- Posture training: Posture training can help improve your posture and enhance your spine alignment in the long term.
- Lifestyle modifications: By changing your habits, you can do a lot to improve your health. For example, some modifications in your sleep habits, diet, exercise, or the way you manage stress can be extremely beneficial for you.
- Education: Understanding what the causes are of your health issues can help with your recovery and it can also be useful when it comes to the prevention of future health problems.
- Long-term wellness care: Seeing your chiropractor regularly can help you to avoid the recurrence of your health issues and prevent injuries in the future.
- Referral: If needed, your chiropractor may refer you to another health care professional such as a physical therapist or orthopedist.
Regardless of your current state of health, you can gain some benefits from corrective chiropractic care. Thus, whether you are suffering from pain, or you just want to seek preventative care, consider finding a CBP-certified chiropractor near you. Since CBP providers are in demand and there are only a handful of chiropractors in the United States specialized in this rigorously tested protocol, take a look to see if you can find a CBP practitioner in your area.
If you live near Henderson, NV, don’t hesitate to get in contact with Advanced Spine and Rehab. The whole team is CBP-certified and dedicated to discussing your health concerns. Schedule an appointment for a consultation to see whether corrective chiropractic care is the right choice for you to reach your health goals. Then, the next step would be to create a treatment plan that can help you improve your health and become a better version of yourself. That way you can live your life to the fullest without having to suffer from unnecessary symptoms like pain.